07/10/2010

Thursday 7.10.10


Colour Induction
In preparation for today we drew 4 simple line drawings of a still life, with around 25 block areas, and made a colour wheel, mixing the primary colours into the secondary ones, and also mixing a black.

We were made to paint new colour wheels using the 4 printing colours, CYMK, instead or more primary colours. We found them to be brighter and the secondary colours less muddy.


We then painted each of our drawings in the following ways, attempting to create space and depth:
1.     Grey scale - different shades of grey to give depth
2.     Colour - warm and cold colours to give depth. Also play with light and dark. I found that warm comes forward and cold moves backwards, and that light comes forward and dark recedes
3.     Complimentary colours - we used different shades complimentary colours to create depth
4.     Texture - we used a mix of different methods to create the illusion of depth


To be honest, I felt like I wasn’t being challenged at all today, I feel like I haven’t learned anything at all, that I didn’t already know innately. These are things that people with artistic and creative talent know already, without even having to say it, and everyone I talked to was bored and confused as to why we were making colour wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment