11/10/2010

Monday 11.10.10

Bookbinding

We had to bring 10 A1 sheets of good quality paper, and any end paper we wanted.
First we used a bone to help rip all the paper in half, and then in half again, either to landcape or portait depending on whether we wanted a landscape or portrait book. I chose landscape.
We then divided one section into two to make the end papers.
We used a bit of scrap paper placed on a board to mark where we needed to make needle holes - 2.5cm from the top and the bottom, and then 2cm apart, either side of the 4 tapes used to bind the book together.







I loved bookmaking. It’s exactly the kind of perfectionist process I like, and I’ll definitely be doing it again. I’m thinking of making a storybook for my brother’s 7th birthday in November. My book came out pretty well, and I was good at the stitching. I don’t exactly think it’s art but it’s definitely a very useful skill to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment