01/10/2010

Friday 1.10.10


Lecture - Careers & UCAS
After foundation, what next? My plan at the moment is to study some more. I really want to do a degree in Sustainable Product Design at Brighton, or maybe Design & Innovation at Ravensbourne, that's been my plan for a while now. I'm actually beginning to think about staying in Falmouth. I thought it might be too small for me, but I find I can work hard here, and I feel settled and rested, and at home. I'm also beginning to be swayed by photography, although I know I can always keep it as something I do in my spare time.
60% of graduate job vacancies do not specify the degree discipline. Phew. I have to think about the course specifically, as well as the place I want to study. Some courses are very theory-based, some very practical. What is right for me? There's a lot of variation between design courses.
UCAS - I should really start as soon as possible. The deadline is January 15th. Also be honest about deferring, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I am certainly thinking about another gap year.

Buzzword: foundationfalmouth

Personal statement writing scares me a bit. University of Kent careers page has a good section on writing it.

We also had a lecture on Animation from the Digital Animation tutor. He filled us in on the people involved in the production of a digital animation

Pre-production
Character Design
Background Artist
Storyboard Artist
Production Design

Production
Animation
Photography

Post-production
Editing
Sound Design

Good skills for animation:
Creative Ideas
Passion
Drawing/design skills
Organisational skills
Good teamwork

No comments:

Post a Comment