18/09/2010

Week 1 Review

This week is a bit of a strange one. On one hand there isn’t a lot to ‘sum up’ since I haven’t produced a lot of work, or done very much studying, but on the other hand I’ve been introduced to some new ways of thinking and been immersed in a new world of art and design, as well as met a whole new group of people and moved away from my home to an entirely different way of life…

One big thing I’ve learned this week is that it actually doesn’t matter at all that I don’t think I can draw. I think it’ll come with time as I discover new techniques and find out what type of drawing interests me, or maybe not. Things like gestalt took the stress out of drawing and made it kind of fun again, which is a good step for me. I also learned that for a drawing to be considered ‘good’ it doesn’t have to be a perfect representation of what is in front of you, like all of art, it’s subjective and personal. Of course, that doesn’t mean I haven’t had setbacks, I still lack confidence when drawing and often second-guess myself and put my work down.

I find I’ve settled in well in Falmouth itself, I feel happy and prepared to work hard and explore my creativity in such a beautiful and inspirational place. I finally feel motivated and like my life is going in the direction I’ve always wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment