02/11/2010

Tuesday 2.11.10



First day of Typography.
We had been told to bring in a photograph, or any sort of image to work from. I couldn't pick just one, so I bought in two photographs, one from my portfolio, and one scrap photo that I'd worked back into using bleach:


We then had to write as many words as we could to do with the image, and pick five of the best to work from.

We then found already-existing typefaces that represented the words and copied them onto a worksheet. We then developed ideas from this sheet, of what we could do as a project involving typography in any sense!

I enjoyed today, I liked the precision involved in copying the type, and also finding fonts to match the words I'd found, but the scope of possibilities for the final piece has kind of unnerved me, In that I can't really think of anything. I'll end up doing photography again!

No comments:

Post a Comment