08/10/2010

Friday 8.10.10


Lecture - Andrew Currie, ‘Kinetic Scultor’
Separate things coming together through movement, not necessarily controlling it, he used found objects.
Simplistic, used dust sheets to give an illusion of space. Interactive work.
Residencies are when you live in a gallery, exciting!
I really liked Andrew’s work, the way it was made from found objects and could be funny and thoughtful at the same time, the way he almost created a world using ‘rubbish’. I found him really inspiring and easy-going, he didn’t take his work too seriously.

Lecture - Universal Jewellery
Binding human culture together, it was the ‘first artform’ apparently. Used for identification (signet rings), protection (crucifix, amulets, grizzly bear claw), Status, reverence, rememberance.
I really didn’t find this lecture helpful at all. I thought her work was nice, but not really relevant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment