16/02/2010

I tried something new

I sealed myself in the second darkroom in the studio (exciting news, by the way, I'm now renting a studio/darkroom in the Old Police Station in the centre of Bristol. It's amazing.) and tried something new... Painting with light. It's fun. I chose a random selection of objects that were around the studio and made a little scene. I then set my camera up on a tripod and set the exposure to 20 seconds, and found the right aperture (I can't remember what I used now... possibly F5.6?)



I pressed the shutter and used a torch to pick out different areas of the scene for the long exposure. I attempted to create a different mood with each torch-stroke. I think it looks pretty good, imagine trying it with people sitting, magical.










The last one I photoshopped, it looks really romantic... There were loads more but these are my favorites.


It's increasingly hard to put my photos up, I pretty much work only in film now and that involves scanning them... effort.


On another note, I did a nude photoshoot with my beautiful friend Maddy, for the Falmouth foundation (art/design/media) 10-day entry project. I used 3200 asa film, I'll have to get photos up soon because they turned out really good, just beautiful. I've never done any nude portraits before but I definitely will again.

No comments:

Post a Comment